Sunday, December 9, 2012

Maulana Syed Suharwardy criticizes Ahmadiyya Muslims.

 In reference to a press release, “Khalifa of Islam delivers 'a powerful and inspiring address, in EU Parliament” Maulana Suharwardy crossed the sacred interfaith line of denying the rights of Ahmadiyya Muslim to present themselves, as they deem it fit. 
 
Indeed, I am concerned about Maulana Suharwardy’s comments about Ahmadiyya Muslims; the full email is appended below. As a Muslim and as a human, it is my duty to speak out when I see wrong, and thank Allah, I have stood up for every possible human I know of on this earth. 

Continued:  http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2012/12/syed-suharwardy-criticizes-ahmadiyya.html


The role of a Muslim is to mitigate conflicts and nurture goodwill for creating cohesive societies for humanity to live in harmony, not just Muslims, but the entire creation.


Maulana Suharwardy is a member of Canada’s interfaith group, and writes, “I am extremely offended by the claim that was made in Mr. Ahmed’s email. Who appointed Mr. Masroor Ahmed “Khalifa of Islam”? What authority he has to make such an outrageous claim?  He can be Khalifa or prophet or messiah of his own faith or community. But he has no right to claim that he represents Muslims. He represents his own Ahmadi/Qadyani community. “


First of all, I am disappointed that he calls the community “Qadianis”, which is not how they want to be called - Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmed, the founder was from the town of Qadian, but the community prefers to be called Ahmadiyya Muslim community and we should honor that.  


One of the Golden rules of interfaith groups is, we do not define others or put others in our imaginary cages, we respect the otherness of others.  Muslims, Jews or Hindus simply do not like when a right wing Christian calls their faith a “Muhammadan cult” or “Christ Killers” or Idol worshippers respectively.  We are much more civilized than that. We have to respect the otherness of others.


I take strong objection to Mr. Suharwardy’s reference, and I urge him to consult fellow interfaithers about the guidelines. 


He asks, "Who appointed Mr. Masroor Ahmed “Khalifa of Islam” to speak about Islam?"


Mr. Suharwardy, it is a good question, you should have asked Osama Bin Laden, who authorized him to terrorize the world in the name of Islam? Who authorized the Muftis of Saudi Arabia to declare Shias to be infidels? Who authorized the Iranian Imams to declare Sunnis to be non-Muslims?



Who authorized King Abdullah to claim to be the Guardian of the holiest places? Is he the Guardian or Allah the ultimate Guardian? The Ismaili community calls his highness Aga Khan as the Hazar Imam, the Shias do not agree with it, perhaps you may not either, but they believe. Do you dare question the usage of the title Ayatollah or Ruhollah, if you know the meaning of it? Is Jesus the only way?



Malaysia went through hilarious case of fighting to pass the ordinance that the Sikhs and Christians cannot call Allah for God, Huh! Is Allah their personal property?  Thank Allah; the Muslim clergy did not win the case. Any one on the earth can call God, any name he or she chooses. By the way, the Sikh faith scriptures address God as Allah, Ishwar and other beautiful names. The Christian Arabs call Allah for God, indeed, Jesus Christ called God Elahi. Who authorized them?  Is God and Islam any one’s property?



It’s a free world my friends and we have to learn to live freely with different claims. Let’s learn to respect the otherness of others, as long as they are not killing you, robbing you or confiscating your property or breaking a contract with you - let them live their life with their titles. 



On the contrary, the Ahmadiyya Muslims are doing good things in the name of Islam, serving the local communities, it is nothing but building a positive space for Muslims. However, I urge the community leadership to avoid, yes, avoid, making any inference that they are peaceful Muslims, as if others are not. To a Christian, Hindu or Jew, it appears that you are saving your tail. Please don’t do that. Whether, I am sitting in your Masjid (I visit every Masjid of every Muslim denomination) and listening to you or not, this projection is difficult for me to sit and listen. I have mentioned this to the community twice before and here again.



Maulana Suharwardy, sadly, you and I, and our generation is brain washed to believe that we are the only righteous one, there is nothing wrong with that, but to deny other’s their righteousness is arrogance.



Once, we the primates become dear to God, the new generation will breathe freedom. None of us would be left to inject the poison of arrogance in their veins. We are stuck with beliefs and we cannot, and do not want to extricate ourselves from that conditioning. It is sad.


If you are a true Muslim, you will stand up for injustices a few radical Muslim are inflicting on fellow Muslims and others.  I was kidding about your Muslimness, I am sure you are a true Muslim,  who am I to judge? 



 The new generation is open towards each other in creating a cohesive society, where everyone can live with his or her own belief, without making a business of denying the others their beliefs, and thanks God for the American and Canadian school systems, where they do not further brainwash our kids to be prejudiced towards others. One of the central tenants of Islam is to be non-judgmental, because only the Creator is the master of the Day of Judgment. Is he not?



----------
Mike Ghouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism, politics, peace, Islam, Israel, India, interfaith, and cohesion at work place and standing up for others as an activist. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com. Mike has a presence on national and local TV, Radio and Print Media. He is a frequent guest on Sean Hannity show on Fox TV, and a commentator on national radio networks, he contributes weekly to the Texas Faith Column at Dallas Morning News, fortnightly at Huffington post, and several other periodicals across the world. His personal site www.MikeGhouse.net indexes everything you want to know about him. 

 ----------

From: Syed Soharwardy [mailto:soharwardy@shaw.ca]
Sent: December-06-12 1:38 PM

To: Subject: RE: Khalifa of Islam delivers ‘a powerful and inspiring address,’ in EU Parliament


Hello Friends,


My apologies if my email offends any member of this forum. I am fully aware that this forum represents many faiths and denominations. I respect all of them. I have NO animosity or hate towards anyone. However, I know for sure, my response to Mr. Ahmed’s email will be interpreted as hate message. I have no intention or desire to insult or hate anyone including my brothers and sisters of Qadyani / Ahmadi faith. I love them and respect them as much as I love and respect the other forum members. However, I have to speak up what I believe.


I am extremely offended by the claim that was made in Mr. Ahmed’s email. Who appointed Mr. Masroor Ahmed “Khalifa of Islam”? What authority he has to make such an outrageous claim


He can be Khalifa or prophet or messiah of his own faith or community. But he has no right to claim that he represents Muslims. He represents his own Ahmadi/Qadyani community.


These outrageous unwanted claims from Qadyanis/Ahmadis are the cause of clashes between Muslims and Ahmadis in Pakistan and elsewhere. If Ahmadis stop claiming that they represent Islam then the problem will go away. Ahmadis represent their own community which has different beliefs than the Muslims. It is a unanimous understanding among all sects and denominations (shia, sunni, salafi, wahabi, etc……) of Islam that Ahmadis are not Muslims because they believe in a person as a prophet who claimed that he was the second coming of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). Overwhelming majority of Muslims believe that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Qadyani was an imposter, not a prophet.
 


Until today, no Christian or Muslim or anyone has found the grave of Jesus Christ but Qadyanis / Ahmadis have found the grave of Jesus Christ in India. Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Qadyani not only claimed that he was the returned Jesus Christ but he also claimed to be Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ. He gave birth to himself, what a nonsense. He insulted Prophet Muhammad, his family and his companions (peace upon all of them). He cursed thousand time on all those Muslims who do not believe in him. He called all those Muslims who do not believe him as a prophet or messiah, “ The children of prostitutes”. I have references from his own books.


I have no problem with what Ahmadis believe. This is their belief and people have complete right to believe what they want to believe. But no one has the right to hijack my faith and become Khalifa of my faith.
 

Unfortunately, the extremists and the terrorist have done the same thing with Islam. They became the champions of Islam while their beliefs and actions are completely against Islam. For God’s sake leave Islam alone. Mind your own business and please do not become Islam’s Khalifa. No Muslim want you to be our Khalifa. You can be Khalifa of Ahmadis / Qadyanis. I will have no issue with that. 


For the past three years I have been trying to have face to face dialogue with my Qadyani / Ahmadi friends on their Prophet’s outrageous claims but they refuse to have this dialogue. You will be shocked to read from his own writings how outrageous claims he made. Muslims do not want to be considered the followers of an imposter. 


Once again, I apologize for raising this issue. I have cordial relationships with all the members of this forum including Ahmadis but I could not ignore such a false claim. I will never compromise on something which I know is wrong. May Allah and his final and last prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) be my protector.


I am so concerned about my and family’s safety and wellbeing. In the past Ahmadis / Qadyanis have gone to police in Calgary and Toronto to get me arrested. Every time when I express my disagreement with them they run to police and accuse me of spreading hate against them. I am sure this email will go all the way to their headquarters and there will be an action on it. 



Let me repeat, I love all God’s creation including Qadyanis/Ahmadis but I will NEVER allow any terrorist or imposter to hijack Islam. I will rather die instead of watching such humiliation with my faith, Islam. 



Thanks


With Peace (Ma'assalamah)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderate Muslim Speaker

Moderate Muslim Speaker
email to: SpeakerMikeGhouse@gmail.com or text to (214) 325-1916

.

.
Email to: SpeakerMikeGhouse@gmail.com or text (214) 325-1916

Moderate Islam

Moderate Islam
Moderate Islamic Speaker